Tune in to NBN news this week where the talented researchers from Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) will be sharing insights into their research. HMRI is a translational medical research institute that facilitates collaborations between researchers translating scientific advances into better health outcomes. In partnership with the University of Newcastle and Hunter New England Local Health District, HMRI has over 1400 clinical and biomedical researchers working across seven key translational research programs. These programs study:
- Brain and Mental Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Information Based Medicine
- Pregnancy and Reproduction
- Public Health
- Viruses, Infections/Immunity, Vaccines and Asthma (VIVA)
This week on NBN you can view special insights into the following areas:
- Monday: Cystic fibrosis with Dr Jodi Hilton and Dr Biarta Rhys-Jones;
- Tuesday: Heart attacks with Professor Andrew Boyle and Professor Peter Fletcher;
- Wednesday: Cross fit and teen fitness with Dr Narelle Eather;
- Thursday: autism with Associate Professor Alison Lane;
- Friday: Multiple Sclerosis with Associate Professor Jeannette Lechner-Scott.
To find out more about HMRI and the research undertaken, visit their website.